Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Way to Look at Your Trials

     It's amazing some of the things that we take for granted. One of them is the God that made us all. Thinking logically, when you grow close to someone you know in person, that person eventually becomes more and more common to you and you naturally begin to take them for granted. One's relationship with God is no different. I am a Christian and have been one my whole life. I went to church when I was younger mostly to see my friends there and to have some fun. I really didn't think much of the role that God played in my life except that he gave His only Son to die for me and that He had absolute authority. I always had one question that I still struggle with: Why does God allow suffering to innocent people?
None of us are innocent, and God testing us isn't necessarily a punishment. However, we can choose to let our trials make us weaker if we want to. We can just say to ourselves, "Oh no poor me wah wah wah I'm such a victim!" or we can let God make us stronger through the trials that He gives us by taking what He has given to us and using it to help other people that have been through or even are going through the trials that we've been through.

For example, a boy goes a whole year without making any friends, does some stupid things and feels unloved. This boy has a choice.
  • He can say "I'm done." and end it.
  • He can even push through but at the same time make sure that everyone knows that he's a victim.
  • Or he can push forward, persevere through his trial, and use this experience to help people. In his instance, he can stand up for people being bullied, people that feel unloved, and people that did the stupid things just like he did.

These aren't necessarily even just Christian principles. It's simply using the evil given to you and using it to make the world a better place. I know that this world isn't all butterflies and roses and that a lot of the things that we face are very difficult. I also know that it's easier said than done, but I hope that you persevere through your trials and that this blog inspires you to look at your trials in a more positive way. I hope that you think of this every time you face something hard, even if you don't know Christ like I do.

3 comments:

Kat said...

A brother and a son all in one. So amazing to see your heart for the hurting. May each word on this blog come from the heart desiring God...so cool.

Shonya said...

What a timely post! I have learned through my life to see trials as a time of growth--but I think sometimes I forget that growing pains HURT! wry grin Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I hope your blog can be used to minister to students your age who really need to hear this -- as well as some older folks who could hear it too. Keep on sharing!

About Me

My name is Tom. I am not perfect and have made my share of mistakes just like everyone else in this world. I have been a Christian my whole life and am the oldest of 8. The reason that I chose the title that I did is because I know it takes strength to face the world and keep your head held high. This strength usually goes unnoticed by the people you talk to or pass by. I made this blog so that people like me can understand that they're not alone and that other people struggle just like you do.